Monday, September 7, 2009

first family camping trip

Julie invited us to go camping over Labor Day weekend at Camp Richardson in Lake Tahoe. I had to work the weekend but we headed up after church on Sunday. We were excited to go camping as a family and to be camping at the famous Camp Richardson site (the Nash family has really talked it up). The drive was beautiful and Brielle slept the whole way. We got up there and had a hard time finding the camp site. I wasn't too impressed with the layout or the bathroom set up. But the company was fun (we had the Nash and Singer family there) and you can never go wrong when you are in the great outdoors. We set up camp and began preparing dinner. I love camping food-it's so yummy. That night we went down to the Lake and watched an amazing firework display. I think I will have to go every year, it was that impressive. I was hoping Brielle would fall asleep but it was too noisy and she watched the show instead. The next morning after some playing and packing up our stuff we drove around Tahoe. We went up to Fallen Leaf Lake which I had never been to. The drive was interesting it reminded me of European roads, windy and narrow. It was a trick getting in and out but I am glad we did it. We drove around Emerald Bay to get home. It had been some time since we had driven that way and I always enjoy the scenery. We stopped and had a really good lunch at this coffee shop place. They must have been from Switzerland because they had a tiny grocery store and a display with Switzerland items. We found spaetzle (a noddle based food Yessica made while we were in Switzerland) we didn't know you could buy it in a box. We were excited! To end the day we had to go to Fallon and start the eviction process for out Fallon renters. It made it a long day.

She must be teething or something because she cannot keep her fingers our of her mouth!

The kids had so much fun monkeying around on Zacs hammock. (Conner and Reagen)

Tyler, Reagen, Brielle and Conner trying to relax on the hammock

It sure was nice having Matt there while we camped. However Brielle was a little more challenging this time.

We went for a little walk because she was getting fussy.

We found she really likes to rock in the hammock

Time to get up!

Check out Brielle's suit-it's thick and warm with hand mittens and a hat. Perfect for a cold camping night.

Sitting by the fire trying to warm up

The Nash kids like to sleep in. So we thought we would give them a wake up call.

This is a typical look when she is trying to investigate something.

Very flammable items means one fierce fire and a happy man.

Matt found a rolling log and was showing off his tricks.....

So Tyler thought he would try and....

It didn't go so well. He scratched up his chin.

No comments: