The beginning was a later start than I wanted but once we hit the road we were doing good. We had to stop in Winnemucca for a play stop and to eat lunch. We passed Elko and stopped in Wells due to sleeping children. Brielle did really well on the trip up. I was really grateful. Brookie and Tyler couldn't get enough of her, in fact we had to set some ground rules so Brielle could have a little space to herself. However, Brielle loves the attention she gets from them.
Brielle discovered she could see the DVD player if she tilted her head back.
I love modern technology, the DVD player saved us on this trip.
We were excited to get to Shawna's. The kids had a good time playing together. It was kinda hard for me because Brielle started crawling and I had to keep a pretty close eye on her. Too many fun things she could potentially put in her mouth. We were suppose to go camping the next day but we pushed it back a day which made me sad (but it worked out in the long run). Having a free day meant we did some unexpected playing. So we went to the park where the kids recieved a free lunch and we played for a little while. Then we went to a small petting zoo where we had so much fun looking at all the animals. When I went into the caged bird area with Brielle she wasn't too sure about it and climbed up on me even higher and grabbed my shirt really tight. I had never seen her react that way. It was kinda funny. We then did some shopping both for the camping trip and for pleasure.
Brielle taking the wheel and driving us to the park.
The gang eating their lunch. Having the government pay for lunch saves on the pocket book.
Ty trying to get the last drop out of his milk.
Tyler, Megan and Brookie pushing Brielle on the swing.
Dallin and Brielle
I think she was thinking, "These things are so noisy"
Brookie feeding the sheep and Brielle went to pet it.
Brielle didn't like the small birds but she couldn't keep her eye off the big bird.
I love Brittany's facial expression, she looks like a singer off a heavy metal band and Tiffany playing the pretend guaitar.
Brielle loved riding this horse with Tyler, it would lunge her forward and slam against Tylers chest every time.
Friday we were finally off to the Grand Tetons for camping. I was so excited. I didn't realize how far it was and how beautiful the drive was. We had some unexpected bumps on the way. One was hitting road construction which slowed us way down and I felt like we were in the car forever. The other was when we got to the Grand Tetons we recieved a phone call from Matt and Lisa saying that Merlin was heading to the hosiptal with severe chest pains. Merlin's news put a damper on things and we were really worried about him but decided it was best to continue camping until we heard the result from the many tests they were running.
Right before we arrived at our camp site we saw a mama and baby moose. The mom looked pretty unhealthy but it was so cool to see. I though it was a great indication on how my weekend was going to be.
However, I think the animals recieved a message that they better hide because I was coming. I hardly saw anything. So I included the few animals I did get to see becuase there weren't many.
I was really excited with our camp site....large and spacious and no one around us....and right next to the bathrooms. It was great. I had to be creative when I was trying to help set up so I set Brielle in her carsear and let her watch us. She likes to observe what people are doing so she was content. I had never set up a tent before so Julie and Jake helped out. We ended up recruiting some of the kids for help too. It was so nice to be outdoors.
The Rushings big tent (I think this was his 3rd one he had bought because the poles kept breaking)
Tyler loved helping me hammer down the tent
The poles on my tent were a little interesting and the kids were great in helping us
Brielle absoultly LOVED crawling around in the tent and on the sleeping bag. However what she liked the very most was the sleeping pad. She couldn't get enough of it. And yes, that is a WHITE co-sleeper you see.
The first thing the kids did was get down and dirty.
The mosqitoes were really bad. I changed into long pants and changed Brielle into long pants and long shirt. However, the sun was REALLY warm. It was fine if we stayed around the campsite but we wanted to walk down to the Lake. I tested the strollers 4 wheeling abilities and walked with the group. Brielle fell right to sleep and Tyler whined the whole time saying he didn't want to walk anymore. The walk wasn't bad but I wished I would have put bug spray on instead of changing into pants. I was hot and wanting to play in the water. The kids didn't hesitate at all and started playing in the sand and water.
Brielle, Julie and Tyler trying to keep up
The surround setting, isn't it beautiful
Brittany, Tiffany and Brookie playing in the water
More fun in the sun (Tiffany and Brookie)
I know it's hard to see but while we were there I looked over to my left and could see a crane. As I walked a little close I could see it was hunting for fish. I happen get a picture of a fish in the crane's mouth but with the size of the pictured you can't really see it. Just trust me, it's was neat to see.
The kids loved climbing on the wood pile
Brielle napping away
Dallin and Jake started our campfire
We headed back to camp to prepare for dinner. The Rushings were nice enough to let me use the playpen. We kept it close to the table so we could watch us. I felt I caged my child becuase I would set her in the playpen and then put a blamket over it so the mosqitoes wouldn't get her.
We encouraged the kids to take advantage of the great outdoors. They decided to play hide and go seek before it got dark. For awhile the kids were running all over the campsite but then it became too quite. I walked over to where they were playing and could hear most the kids in the bathroom. I looked into the bathroom window and saw Dallin in the girls bathroom trying to catch the little girls. Come to find out the girls thought it would be a good idea to hide in the bathroom and stand on the toliet seats so Dallin wouldn't find them. It was really funny but we had to discourage playing in the bathroom.
Dallin in the girls bathroom.
Jake and Shawna thought they would find out if there were any activities going on that night. Julie and I stayed with most the kids. Brielle started to get tired so I went to change, feed and put her to bed. Not long after getting into my tent I hear Brookie crying and Julie yelling for me to come. I didn't know what was going on but it didn't sound good. I tried to keep the situation calm and asked what was going on. Julie yelled back, "Brooke hit her head and its bleeding really bad." While I was trying to get my shoes on I kept saying. "it's ok, heads bleed really bad. I am sure it's fine." I left Brielle in the tent and ran up to the firepit to find Julie andBrookie with blood on them. I had Julie move her hand away from Brookies head and could see a small open wound on the side of her eye. The cleanest thing I could find was a diaper on the table so I slapped the diaper back on her face and took her to the bathroom to try to clean her up. Thankfully Shawna and Jake came back. It took some time but I determined she probably didn't need stiches but I wanted to find a Ranger anyway. The EMT Ranger agreed we didn't need stiches and gave Brookie a ranger badge and a few other items because she was so tough. I was really proud of Brookie, she handle the situation very well.
The next morning we got up and headed to Yellowstone. I was SO EXCITED! I wasn't sure what to expect but I couldn't wait to see some new territory.
The kids waiting as we are trying to load for the day
Brielle and I at the entrance of the park
Our first stop was the Old Faithful Geyser of course. We olny had to wait approx 20-25 minutes but it was SO busy. I couldn't believe it. We tried to get the kids so they could see it and I had to be careful because I had and backpack on with Brielle and bag attached to that (I was an extra-wide load). Once we watched Old Faithful explode we went on a little hike and checked out other Geysers. It was really neat to see.
The kids waiting
The massive amount of people there and this was only one direction, there were just as many the other way.
The explosion of Old Faithful
The gang
The beginning of our hike
Check out my wide load but I had everything with me.
The Rushing family on our hike
It's amazing how in this one area there are different shapes and sizes of geyers and the colors were so vibrant.
We went to another location where a smaller geyser explodes every 15 minutes and there is a fresh water stream running through it mixed with the hot springs.

Brookie became self consience about her bandage and would try to hide it when we were taking pictures.
I thought this was a cute picture and at the same time thought I hope she doesn't get a splinter. I didn't really think about it much but that night I looked down at her palm and she has a huge splinter. I tried to get it but the last little bit was stuck in there. The next day while we were at the lake I looked down and it was really red with pus. At that point I was able to push it out and clean it.
This little spot was really pretty with hot springs all over the place and it was very green.
I love Brielle's hair in this picture with the colorful hot srping in the background with the reflection of the trees.
We took our time heading back to camp and pulled over to look at different sites. I love being outside the looking at the beautiful world God has created for us.

The trail next to Jenny Lake.
This video indicated the fun Brielle was having with her cousins and the hike

Most the time I took the older kids and walked with them so they didn't have to wait for the slower younger kids.

At the end of the hike an kind man informed us about a Moose and her baby off one of the paths. Of course I had to go check it out.


We were so close to it. In this picture we are on the far wall of the walkway and in the dark shadow area in the left upper corner are the Moose. It was very cool to see.

One of our stops we pulled all the kids out and went from a very small hike up to the water falls.
Tiffany
Dallin
We finally made it back to camp and were enjoying the campfire.
The next morning Jake wanted to take us on a hike to the Hidden Falls. This hike was beautiful with part of the trail next to Jenny Lake. The trail wasn't taht busy until we were approaching the waterfall. The waterfall area was cool and refreshing. We ate a snack and took pictures. The temperature that day was low 90's and we got a late start so by the time we were done we were hungry and HOT but I loved the hike. It was a 5 mile round trip hike and all the kids made it.

The beginning of the trail at the visitors center. I love this picture of Brookie
The beginning of the trail at the visitors center. I love this picture of Brookie
Here we are on the trail. The kids loved to take the camera and take pictures of us. They did a good job.
Our ending point-the Hidden Falls
Mariah and Brittany
The gang at the falls.
The trail next to Jenny Lake.
This video indicated the fun Brielle was having with her cousins and the hike
Most the time I took the older kids and walked with them so they didn't have to wait for the slower younger kids.
At the end of the hike an kind man informed us about a Moose and her baby off one of the paths. Of course I had to go check it out.
We were so close to it. In this picture we are on the far wall of the walkway and in the dark shadow area in the left upper corner are the Moose. It was very cool to see.
Near the end of the hike our group disspersed into 3 different groups. The Rushing Family took off while I waited for Tiffany. Further behind were the Nash family. While Tiffany and I were looking at the Moose we could here Tyler screaming. I thought they were close and I tried to wait for them but they never came. When we were all together again Julie shared her fun experience finishing her hike with Tyler. Come to find out Tyler threw a fit and was rolling on the ground and throwing his water. Julie capture the moment.
As we were leaving I took a few pictures of the surrounding beauty


Brielle in the flowers.

On our way home we had this bug on our windsheild. I was amazed how well it stayed on. By the time I decided to have Julie pull over so I could catch it, it flew off. Oh well.

The night we took Brookie to find a Ranger neither Julie or I paid attention to where our campsite was. As we were trying to find it Brookie says, "it's the F and G..." I didn't really hear what was said next. I coudn't believe my ears (I thought she was saying the slang 'F' word) and then realized she was taking about the sign that directed us to our camp site. Both Julie and I thought it was really funny and had to take a picture for the sake of the memory.
Our last night we really wanted to go down to the Lake and watch the sunset. So we hurried and packed everyone up and headed down. It wasn't as good as we were hoping but it was still pretty.
There is a road off the main road with old cabins and barns ( we really took it hoping we could see some buffulo). Come to find out the it's called Morman Road and it was a thriving community back in the day. We really didn't see any buffulo but it was still neat to see the cabins.
Brielle in the flowers.
On our way home we had this bug on our windsheild. I was amazed how well it stayed on. By the time I decided to have Julie pull over so I could catch it, it flew off. Oh well.
The night we took Brookie to find a Ranger neither Julie or I paid attention to where our campsite was. As we were trying to find it Brookie says, "it's the F and G..." I didn't really hear what was said next. I coudn't believe my ears (I thought she was saying the slang 'F' word) and then realized she was taking about the sign that directed us to our camp site. Both Julie and I thought it was really funny and had to take a picture for the sake of the memory.
Our last night we really wanted to go down to the Lake and watch the sunset. So we hurried and packed everyone up and headed down. It wasn't as good as we were hoping but it was still pretty.
Brielle passed out on our very short trip to the Lake.
Brielle woke up just in time for a few pictures of the Lake and the Tetons.
We packed up our stuff and headed back to Shawna's. Of course we had to stop and take a few pictures along the way.
There is a road off the main road with old cabins and barns ( we really took it hoping we could see some buffulo). Come to find out the it's called Morman Road and it was a thriving community back in the day. We really didn't see any buffulo but it was still neat to see the cabins.
No comments:
Post a Comment