Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great day being with family. I took some time in the morning to get my hair done while Brian and Erin watched Brielle for me. Then my parents, G.pa Hicks, Brian and Crystal, Erin, Matt, Brielle and I went to Mexican food for lunch...yum. Later I went shopping with Erin and found some really cute shorts for Brielle and I and an outfit for Crystal.

It's tradition to take girl pictures on my Birthday. This year was a little different because Matt was off from work and came with us and Brian and Crystal were there. It was fun taking the pictures. For the first time in Brielle's little life, she wasn't very smiley (we woke her up from her first real nap of the day). I am surprised she even smiled at all. The lady working at the photo place was really accommodating. She allowed us to custom make our photos. It was SO much fun...we spent a lot of time there. Thank goodness for i-phones for entertainment. Matt was so patient. THANKS honey.


Matt bought a keva juice and Brielle LOVED it. She didn't want to share at all. She started to cry if Matt tried to give it to me. It was really funny to see. However she pooped all day long the next day (we went through approx. 10 diapers full of poop)!
We ended the day at Claim Jumpers eating with the Nash family and then back at my parents. Brian and Crystal had an appointment that day with a infertility doc and was reporting on their findings. Come to find out Crystal is not ovulating at all. No wonder she isn't pregnant.

I was really excited to go to bed but Brielle had other plans. Normally if she falls asleep somewhere I can come home and put her to bed fairly easy. Not tonight. She figured she got a nap and didn't have any plans on going to bed. We were up till pass 2. Thank goodness for Crystal, she played with Brielle that last hour so I could sleep. We ended up sleeping on the couch so Matt could sleep. Lesson learned....no more late nights or late naps.
Overall the day was great, I received awesome gifts, couldn't ask for better company and I was in high spirits....what a birthday!

1 comment:

jbr said...

The pictures are so cute. Happy Birthday!!