Monday, May 11, 2009

Matts Urgent Care visit

Today Matt freaked me out. He called and sounded like he was in distress. He preceded to tell me he was sawing and got his hand and it really hurt. My stomach just dropped, in fact I felt sick to my stomach. I told him to rush home and got off the phone. Then I started to think, "shoot what if he goes into shock...should he be driving??" So I called him back and asked a million questions. That's when he told me it was just his finger but he was in a great deal of pain. What had happen was he was refinishing some cabinets. He normally wears gloves but he only had this little spot to do and so he thought he would do it really quick. That plan back fired on him when the saw kicked back and got his left pointer finger and part of his nail. It sawed part of his nail off (so his nail bed is exposed) and part of his skin. I couldn't help him when he came home (well to my parents) because Brielle was asleep. My mom stepped in and helped clean him up. I couldn't believe my mom. That kinda of stuff is too much for her, but she did it.


Needless to say I am thrilled it is not as bad as it first originally sounded. I still took Matt to the Urgent Care to get it cleaned out real good and make sure everything was ok. They would have done stitches but because it was part of the nail bed they didn't. Urgent Care was a joke...we sat in the patient room for over an hour before we saw the doctor (there was one person in front of us) We ended up hanging out for over 2 hours. Brielle got so warm and tired she fell asleep sitting on my lap. Poor girl. She was such a trooper.


This picture doesn't do it justice because it was pretty gross looking. It's weird to look at his finger and see part of the side nail gone.

1 comment:

AdaMandy said...

that's scary and sick. Glad all is well though.