Sunday, May 31, 2009

Half a year old

My goodness time is flying by. I saved this posting 2 days after she turned 6 months old and I am just getting to it. This last month has been amazingly fun. I love being a mom. Brielle brings so much joy to my soul and you just can't help but smile when she looks at you. She also has turned into such a mommy's girl (it devastates Matt). I keep telling him it's because she is on the boob or else she would pick him over me. I don't think he is buying it. She is sitting up by herself for hours playing with toys. I swear she has some special powers because she can stretch her arm out so far and fast to grab things, its crazy. She bobbles her head to music and throughout the day. She has mastered how to turn from her back to her stomach but now she doesn't like to turn from her stomach to her back. She is turning into such a flirt and play shy with people-turning her head from side to side and smiling. It's really cute. She starts to squawk when she gets really excited or wants something. She LOVES to kick in the water and get water EVERYWHERE. In fact the other day she managed to get water over to the bathroom sink. She makes Matt and I feel guilty when we eat because she just stares at you with puppy eyes because she wants what we are having. When she is playing she will push her toys away with her feet and then reach for them and do this over and over. We have introduced solid foods this month. Some she like and other she does not. However with this transition she had became more constipated. As a result we had out first diaper rash and it was a bad one. Her poor little bottom. She tolerated the diaper changes a lot better than what I would have. She only cried if we rubbed to hard. I have had her eat prunes everyday (not her favorite but she will eat them if we give them first) and that has helped. She loves being in her stroller and walking to the park. This month I have introduced the park swing to her and she really enjoys it. She likes swinging and watching the other children play.
This video is her playing with Tickle Me Elmo, it brings great entertainment to all of us.
She is still a terrible napper, she pushes herself until her body says enough is enough.

Introducing green beans
I should have known she wouldn't have like them, they even smell bad! YUCK!
Moments later...her beautiful smile.

Check out the double dimples

Look at those eyes!

Erin went to visit her office (she works at a pediatric dentist) and they gave her a toothbrush, she loves it
Everywhere we go people talk about how alert and attentive she is
I cannot get a glass of water without sharing


She has a new found interest in balloons. She cannot get enough of it. My mom had a balloon at her house and she found great joy in it. Brielle has a great memory because when she saw the balloon at my house she knew exactly what it was.
Her whole body was shaking she was so excited to see the balloon
Thanks Grandma Hicks for sharing your birthday balloon with Brielle
She loves to give me kisses. However her kiss is grabbing my neck and biting my chin.
She is turning into such a cuddle bug, but only with me. It makes Matt sad.
We have to keep introducing new toys to Brielle because she gets bored with her toys fairly quick.
She loves to grab the end of the skateboard and go for a ride. She does really well.
Love this pictures, taken up at my Grandma and Grandpa Ross's yard

Brielle sitting at inspiration point by the Mississippi River
Her first bath in the sink

Erin introduced the i-pod and earphones to her. She is concentrating on the music.

If you look close at her right eye toward the corner of her eye, you can see she has some amber tint to it. It is very faint but she does have two different eye colors in her right eye.

Now that she sits better on her own we found some toys in the mall she loved to play with

her carousal ride

First time in a swimming pool

it was kinda cold
she wasn't too sure about it..we weren't in the pool for very long

Her favorite snack are her toes
This picture is over exposed but I love it.
We are practicing the crawling motion with her. She isn't too sure about it.

3 comments:

Hutsell Family said...

I love your post! Brielle is such and adorable precious little girl! I can tell she brings so much joy to your family.

AdaMandy said...

Tell Matt if he's patient for another 4-6 months. All she'll want is him. Love the pictures. I love that she's doing such fun things like dancing and eatings solids.

Trev said...

Two thoughts:

1) Is it a surprise that the daughter of Danielle Hicks Taylor is a flirt? Really?

2) Since before Craig could turn over to this day he is a crazy when it comes to baloons. We could feel a dozen up and let him loose and he will be busy with them all day. So it must be a Ross thing.