Brielle on the video monitor
The next night was a different story. I put her to bed and she knew what I was up to. She fought it a lot harder and it took about an hour an half to put her to bed. I almost gave in because I was too tired but at the last moment she fell asleep. The hardest part is getting her to sleep because once she falls into a deep sleep she is out for the rest of the night. However if you noticed I said she WAS sleeping in her own room. Monday she came down with a cold. I noticed she was a little congested in the morning but not bad, by the afternoon she felt warm so I check and she had a temperature of 100.2 (however you would have never known she was getting sick, she was her happy self) I thought of giving her Tylenol but held off because she was so happy and a fever isn't a bad thing to have. Everyday she has gotten more congested and by Thursday she had a nasty cough. I decided to call the doc just to make sure it was only a cold and not RSV (the nasty virus is in town). At this point in time it's just an upper respiratory cold. So I will continue to keep the vaporizer on and suction that little nose of hers and have her sleep in our room again.
This week I had to go back to work. I was feeling bad that I was leaving her in the first place and worse since she had a cold. I called a couple of times to check up on her Thursday and luckily work was easy going enough that I was able to leave for a little and go to the doctors appointment. Working isn't too bad, I am happy to be back. I love the people I work with but it is definitely hard to find time to pump. I know I can stay focused at work because my baby is in great hands with Grandma and Auntie. It was really cute when I called Friday my mom put the phone on speaker phone. I talked to her a little and she started grunting and getting frustrated because she could hear me but not see me. Mom said she kept moving closer to the phone. I have to say the best part of the day is coming home and having her in my arms with Matt by my side. I am grateful that her sleeping time has changed. The last couple of days she has been asleep before 10 and stayed asleep. This allows me to go to bed and not feel so tired when I get up at 5 AM. I am also grateful my husband has been so supportive since I been back to work. He continues to get up with me and cook me breakfast; while I am getting ready he makes my lunch and cleans the breast pump accessories. I don't think my early mornings would run as smooth if it were not for him.
It's amazing the big changes that occur every week. She is gaining more control of her motor skills, she loves to sit up, she lifts her head up a lot better for tummy time, she loves to grab onto the blankets and bunch them up into her hand.
Her hand brings her such comfort. I swear she is going to be a thumb sucker
She is sitting up better in this bouncy chair toy thing. She loved playing with the toy in front of her.
Watch her eyes during this video. It's pretty funny
She loves having things in her mouth!
We were playing dress up with different hair accessories
She grabbed her own collar and pulled it back
She loved having me put different hats on her
Needless to say this has been a very big week for us with many new adventures. Brielle remains a trooper through this cold and Matt has been a very hands on husband and father (he always has been). I made it through my first week of work.
2 comments:
Moving them into their own bed is never easy. Just when it seems like you've got things down, they get a cold, or growth spurt, or teeth, etc, and you start ALL over again. HA! It's a fun process. I love the variety of gear for her head. It's nice she doesn't mind them on her head.
I cannot believe how big she is getting. The videos are just awesome! It is great to be able to see how she is and how she acts. We sure miss seeing her and holding her. We love you all and hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment