I should have known that my plan never goes accordingly. The kids took a nap late which meant I couldn't go over to my moms house to start cooking. Then we were going to have my brother and sister (and their family) come to my house and start cooking. That didn't work out either. As a result, we ended up really late at my parents house. We were hoping not to do it with the kids but that wasn't going to happen either. The husbands were in charge of the kids while the wives cooked (that was the hope).
The start was pretty rough. We were missing some ingredients, needing a little more cookwear etc. Erin sent Perm to her house, Crystal made a list and ran home, and mom had to search her cupboards.
![]() |
| Erin "face timing" Perm (basically the two were on a phone video and Perm was able to show Erin what he was looking at and she could direct him). |
![]() |
| Crystal making her list |
![]() |
| Matt was exhausted and tried to take a nap while Miles was playing. |
![]() |
| Mom looking for some ingredients. |
Finally we could get started. Despite having the kids around, it was fun cooking with them. We had a lot of recipes to cook and not a lot of time to do it. On top of it all, we were running into dinner time.
![]() |
| The little stinker took a bite out of the butter. |
My Mom had to try to cook dinner around the chaos in the kitchen.
Luckily the kids played pretty well together. Brielle was excited to have Eva around to play with.
Yet again my plan didn't go according to plan. Miles is such a Mommy's boy I had to attend to his needs and I couldn't get much accomplished.Everyone was great and pitched in where help was needed. Despite the craziness it was such a fun night.

![]() |
| A quick snap of everyone busy in the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Crystal was so good to have Brielle help her. Brielle loves to help. |
I think what made the evening for me was the fact that we were all together. Doing something fun, everyone was helping out with cooking, dinner, and the kids. It was such a memorable night.

As the night grew to and end the concept of sharing and playing nice started to go out the window. Miles has a basket of bugs that he loves and isn't a fan of sharing with ANYONE. Eva likes to play with everything and it causes a few fights.
Miles loves and adores babies, especially his cousin Ayla. Whenever Ayla is around he can't get enough of her. I have to remind him the baby needs some space to breath. Luckily Matt and I had two cars so he took the kids home and I stayed behind. I had a lot of cooking still to do. The Brian Hicks family stayed for a little longer.
At the end of the evening we were all super tired. Erin was hurting and was anxious to get her feet up, Ayla was ready to eat and we were all ready for bed.

I on the other hand, I had one more recipe I needed to go. Standing over the stove was making me very hot and added to my fatigue.
I went home past midnight but we got all the cooking done. We still need to do the assembling of the cookie plates. Tomorrow night we are going caroling as a family and hopefully we can deliver the boxes at the same time.
























No comments:
Post a Comment