Saturday, October 8, 2011

Groupon

Have you ever heard of Groupon? If not, it's the "deal-of-the-day website that features discounted gift certificates usable at local or national companies." I have purchased a few great deals but some that were not so good. This is my sad story of a Groupon gone bad.
A Groupon came along for $100 to Home Solutions at Ace Hardware. I think I purchased it for $50 maybe less (seriously can't remember). Anyway I purchased it with the thought I would get a new bookshelve for the kids books.
It expired Labor Day weekend, and that was the weekend I planned on using it. My thought was "Oh it's Labor Day weekend, I could get an item on sale."
Of course I was sick and forced myself to go. I was hoping to make it a quick trip and put the kids down for a nap.
WRONG! All of it was wrong. I didn't read the fine print saying it has to be a full price item.  They required that I print off my Groupon instead of using my phone. Luckily they were nice and allowed me access to their computer. The problem is I have never done that before. Between me figuring out my password and printing the darn thing it took like 30 min. The kids were DONE and so was I. On top of it, the Groupon said furniture only but outside furniture was excluded.

We didn't really find anything we REALLY liked and HAD to get. They only thing I saw and liked was a little couch for the kids. Of course they only had the floor model that was DIRTY. They wouldn't discount it either. LAME!

Becuase the Groupon ended that day I felt stuck. We ended up paying for the dirty couch FULL price. I would have not payed that much for it, especially a floor model. I was kinda annoyed but it is done and over with. Note to self, read the fine print cause this Groupon didn't save me ANY money.
On the brighter side, the kids do LOVE the couch and it folds out. It is fun.

No comments: