Normally for New Years Eve we attend family parties or just hang out at my parents house. This year we had two invitations for parties. Our hope was we could put the kids to bed at my parents and we could go play. After Erin being in the hospital I wasn' too sure if our plan was going to work. Luckily, she was discharged from the hospital and my parents agreed to have the kids sleep at their house. I felt bad bailing on my family so Matt and I could have a night out on the town. We decided to take my Mom to dinner before we left.
We went to Genghis Grill. I watched the kids while Mom and Matt made their dinner.
 |
| Miles was entertained as long as he had my bowl and the packets of sugar. |
After dinner we headed back to my parents house and got the kids ready for bed.
 |
| Papa and Miles playing fetch with Taz |
Once we left my parents we decided to go to Wanda's party first. We were excited to see many of our old church friends. She had yummy food and we played a really interesting game where four people leave the room and the rest of the group decides on an occupation, where you were murdered and how you were murder. The first person out of the four that left the room comes back and is told what the group has decided. When the second person comes back into the room, the first person must act out the answers without saying anything. Then the second person tries to guess what the first is telling them (but they cannot say it) and repeats it for the third person, the third person does it for the fourth and the fourth person has to verbally tell the group what the answers. I must say my favorite was the plumber and how that person describe the occupation. It was so funny.

We left Wandas to attend the McCombs party at the institute. She had some food and the wii set up for dancing. I wish I were a good dancer, but I am not and neither is Matt. We decided to just hang out and talk.
 |
| Matt found a puzzle to occupy his time. |
 |
| Myself, Chanika, Amy and Amanda |
 |
| Our fist New Years with just us in years! |
 |
| Prepping for the count down. |
We were close to downtown so after the New Years kiss we went outside to watch the fireworks. They had quite the show going.
No comments:
Post a Comment