Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I knew I was going to be tired this morning, but I think my excitement overcame my tiredness. I was super excited to see Brielle's reaction to her bike and helmet. She woke up in a great mood despite going to bed late. She was willing to take a fast bath and get dressed before heading downstairs (this is a BIG deal). 



Once she made it downstairs she was full of glee. Her reaction just warmed my heart. I was hoping she would be excited because I had to use this moment to remind her why she doesn't have her pacifier any more.
She didn't mind jumping on her bike and taking it for a quick spin.
She was also excited to find a Cinderella doll and horse in her basket. She made me chuckle when she found the fruit snacks and just set them aside. I guess she didn't think they were as exciting.
However, Miles picked them right up and was happy with her left overs.
Once she saw the Easter eggs laying out she was on the go. She didn't hesitate one bit before she went on the hunt.
Miles even joined the fun and found an egg

Dad helped her discover the goodies inside each egg. I think he was super excited to "share" the candy.
Miles was content standing and watching the excitement, hoping maybe his sister will share with him.
I must say I LOVE the Easter outfits. My little man looks amazingly handsome and Brielle loves absolutely beautiful. I am so happy my genetics blended nicely with Matt's and produced beautiful children both inside and out!

I think the bike was a hit because she rode it a couple of times! Thank goodness.
Like I said I can't get enough of Miles (and the fact that he is easy to capture a picture of)
Look at that grin

He loves to pull himself up on the swing and rock back and forth on it...it makes me really nervous
After the morning fun, I had Brielle call my Mom and wish her Happy Easter. She was enjoying her candy while telling Oma all about her fun morning.
Miles likes his bat and ball. We played baseball already, Brielle pitching and Miles hitting. Brielle did pretty good throwing the ball, Miles hit a couple of them (with some assistance of course).
Here batter, batter....swing!

We originally were going to go to Fallon and hit church with Matt's folks but our kids didn't get up early enough so we didn't make it. Our next plan was to go to Fallon and hit the 11 o'clock church and stay for sacrament. However I talked Matt into staying and going to my parents ward so we could listen to Erin and Perm talk and Mom play the violin. I am SO glad we did. The Singh's gave amazing talks that invited the best spirit and my mom played flawless. To top it off Brian and Crystal came too. It was fun having us all around for church.
We left before closing prayer so we could get down to Fallon. We really did think everyone was going to be waiting on us, but when we arrived they were still stuffing the eggs. We weren't being waited upon at all.
Norma stuffing hundreds of eggs with a mixture of toys, candy and money
Addy was talking up a storm and was so excited to see Miles, it was really cute.
Shortly after arriving we packed up and headed over to Grandma Millers where the egg hunt was being held. Normally the kids have their egg hunt and then the adult hunt follows, however this year was the first year since I have known Matt that we didn't do the adult egg hunt.
The wind made it pretty nasty to be outside. It kept blowing my skirt up and whisking the empty Easter baskets away. I think it would have been a nice day if it weren't for the wind.
Brielle was pointing to the "poop" and was very concerned that eggs were on poop. Papa Taylor informed her that they were lava rocks, not poop.
We were the first one's to arrive and she was trying so hard to be a good girl and not pick up the Easter eggs. She would stand over them and dream of the moment she could pick them up.

Slowly but surely the rest of the gang was showing up. We still had to wait so I had the kids stand on the steps till the others came.
Miles was the only one protected from the wind hanging out in his car seat.
Before the fun began the kids took a group picture. These are becoming easier to capture as the kids grow up.
back to front, left to right: Brookie (8), Autumn (7), Tiffany (8), Tyler (6)
Brielle (2), Brett (3), Lilly (5), Lacey (4),
Addy (6 months), Bryce (2) and Miles (9 months)
Brielle jumped out of the picture and in the nicest voice says, "Are we done!?" I guess it was time to start the egg hunt. She had waited long enough. Norma separates the egg hunt by age. The 2 and younger went first and the older girls plus Tyler ended with their egg hunt in the backyard. I seriously was impressed with how well behaved, well mannered and pleasant the kids were and how smooth the egg hunt went. Everyone had a great. Thanks Norma and Merlin for a fun time.
Brielle is super quick with picking up eggs.
She grabbed so many that Matt had to find a plastic sack to dump her eggs in so she could keep going.


After Brielle
We originally had Miles basket next to him but the wind came up and blew it to Addy. She had fun playing with it.
Brielle was anxious to see what was inside her eggs so Matt helped open a few of them.
I didn't think Miles would last long in the wind but he didn't seem to mind it too much. He enjoyed sitting there watching the action playing and eating his eggs.
Tyler was excited to see what goodies Miles picked up. Tyler is so cute with Miles.
I tried to find a matching hat for Matt but was unsuccessful. I did find shorts. I think my boys looked stunning together!
I always enjoy watching my nieces and nephews hunt for eggs. Brett was funny because he wouldn't pick up a single egg until he found his dinosaur egg....he seriously passed up every egg. The rest of the kids had no problem picking up all the eggs.

Brielle with her bag and bucket full of eggs watching the big kids
I didn't think Tyler was going to be able to reach this egg, but he did.
Tiffany examing her egg
Before heading to Fallon Matt was excited to pull a prank on his mom and say that she stuffed a $100 in one of the eggs. We were going play this practical joke after the adult egg hunt but since we didn't have one for the adults, Matt pulled out one of Brielle's eggs. I thought he was going to wait till everyone was in the room but he didn't. His Dad's jaw just dropped and he couldn't believe it. Then when the rest of the crew came in, we had some pretty funny reactions.
Norma was getting pretty upset and so Matt had to confess, but it was a great joke!
The reactions:
Matt thought he was pretty funny....and he was.
Miles really enjoyed stretching a toy frog, it entertained him for a long time
It's tradtion to have everyone empty their eggs out and see how much money they found and watch toys they got. This also allows Norma to get all the empty eggs back so she doesn' have to get more the following year.

Such a cute picture of Autumn!
While all the kids were discovering all there goodies, Zach went outside to see if he could find more eggs. He found several and at least 2-3 eggs had money inside! It was beneficial for Zach to be the clean up crew.

One of the kids got the ballon that yo blow up and attach the string to it and you can puch it. At first Miles liked to eat the rubber band and then I started hitting the balloon, he thought it was great fun!
Granda Hoffiman is a junk food junkie. She was sorting through the kids eggs for candy.

The whole family was color coordinated....Matt and Miles matched while Brielle and I wore complimenting colors to their outfit.
Miles giving me kisses

We were hoping to spend more time with the Taylor family but the way everything turned out we had left after the egg hunt. We felt really bad because our intentions were not to go to Fallon just for the egg hunt but that's what it looked like.
We were pulling into Sparks when my Dad called and said the meat was going to be done a little early. As we pulled up to my parents house my Grandpa Ross was down saying hi to my Mom. He just recently purchased a 3 wheel automatic scooter so he can ride down to my folks house. Matt took Brielle for a spin and we said goodbye. Minutes later Crystal walked in the door and said that Grandpa Ross had fallen and there was some family already out there helping him up. My mom and I ran outside to see the Craig Mooney family standing around my Grandpa. They witness the whole thing happen. The scooter tried to go up the ledge and didn't have enough power, it rolled back and  the wheel turned causing it to tip over. My Grandpa hit his leg, hip and check bone on the gravel. Grandpa stated he was fine and whisked away on his scooter. Of course my mom and I marched right up to the house and gave him an anti-inflammatory and told him we were driving him to Don and Corrine's for dinner. He didn't put up much of a fight. When he did walk he asked for his cane and couldn't put much weight on his right side. I knew he wasn't "just fine" but he refused help.
When I dropped them off to Don and Corrine's house, Grandma surpirsed the socks right off of me. I was so concerned about Grandpa I told her I would help her in a little. Next thing I knew she had climbed out of the car by herself and by the time I made it up the stairs with Grandpa, she was right there behind me. Amazing!
Needless to say, I was late to my prime rib yummy Easter dinner. My mom was pretty frazzled and highly concnerned about my Grandpa. She said she has felt that something awful was going to happen to Grandpa this week, and then he did this. We just need to get him to Friday (the big 70th wedding anniversary and 90th bday party).
Dinner was delicious, thank you Mom and Dad!
Right after dinner I got the egg hunt ready for the cousins. Brielle was super excited to do another hunt and I was excited to see how Eva would respond.
This is his favorite table to pull himself up on
Look at his tongue sticking out, I think he is teeting again....AGAIN!?
Brielle saw all the eggs and wanted to get all of them. She didn't understand why she had to leave some for Eva.
They were trying to get the same egg.
Miles didn't care much, he just stood and watched all the action
Eva knew exactly what to do. She walked right over and picked up the Egg. She was super excited to show me what she had found.


More family pictures!
Brielle and Miles were looking at the plane passing by



I made my Dad and Grandpa change into a white shirt so I could take a generation shot
Needless to say we were all pretty tired from our very busy day.
Brielle is starting to give Miles (really anyone and everyone) bear hugs. It makes all the little kids pretty uncomfortable, but it's pretty cute. Tonight I finally capture it.
We have been telling Brielle that after the Easter bunny takes her pacifier, she will be a big girl and she can start sleeping in her big girl bed. So what did she want to do tonight....sleep in her big girl bed. She was so tired she fell right to sleep.

No comments: