Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Dinner with the Taylors

Since we were not going to be in Fallon for Easter dinner, we hosted a dinner at the house. I was pretty hesitant to do it cause I didn't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed because people were late or couldn't show up at all. I tried hard not to have much expectation on this dinner and therefore I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sure enough that day Lisa called and said they wouldn't make it. As the dinner approached, Rachelle said she would be late. Merlin was about 30 minutes late and Norma called and said to start dinner without her, she was running late. Patty left Fallon at the time dinner was to be served. So the beginning of our dinner we had the Nash family and us. We all got a good chuckle and began to eat. Everyone trickled in throughout the evening. Despite it all, I am glad we had the dinner and I had a lovely night.
Miles loves to hold your hand and walk
Playin with Papa Taylor
Addy

Miles new thing...chewing on the end of things. I don't know if it's because he discovered he is tall enough now or if he is teething and wants to chew on everything.
It was super cute. Miles was giving Addy kisses.
Daddy and Miles playing
When Patty showed up with the girls, they asked Matt to come outside. They had plans on spraying Matt with Silly string. Matt stole one of the cans and sprayed them.



Matt was spraying Autumn when she turned around right in front of Matt when he was spraying. It got everywhere (including inside her mouth).
Cheese.
Grandma playing with Miles
Grandma Hoffman and Miles
Tyler playing with Mr. Potatoe Head
The girls dressing up silly

Brielle wanted to be silly too
Brielle asked Brookie to do her makeup. She walked into the bathroom and sat down anxiously awaiting her make-over.
Miles needed a bath so Matt was kind enough to give him a quick bath before I put him to bed.
Once everyone showed up, we enjoyed our time together, visiting and creating fun memories.
Patty and Merlin
Lilly watching Zach playing with the other kids.
Brielle asked if they could have a dance party after her make-over was done. She was super cute cause she grabbed one side of her dress and began to dance.

She likes to spin outward to the side and reach her arm out
I was hoping to dye eggs BEFORE Easter. We were going to do it during Matt's lunch but it never happen. So Matt was kind enough to get everything ready and we dyed eggs before Brielle went to bed. I bought this mess free kit thinking it was a great idea. I guess it was super cheap and horrible to work with. I felt pretty bad but Matt made it work.
Brielle watching as the tablet dissolved
Miles was asleep but the kids were a little too noisy and woke him up. I decided to bring him down so he could enjoy the fun too.
He wasn't too sure if he wanted to be here or in bed.
Let the dying begin!






So much for the NO SPILL EGG COLORING! It got everywhere!

The final product
While we were dying eggs others were playing Rock Band because they had dyed eggs earlier in the day.

Brielle lost interest pretty quick. I don't know if it was because her cousins were doing something else and she wanted to join, or if she just wasn't interested in dying eggs.
The night was wrapping up. I had Matt put Miles down for bed cause he was fighting me too much. I put a movie on for the kids to watch so they wouldn't wake him up again.
 
After everyone left we had to run to the store, get the Easter baskets ready and clean up from dinner. We didn't go to bed till 2AM!

No comments: