Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brielle's Bday

I can't believe my little girl turned one. I planned on having a little dinner and cake with just our families (since that is a big group in and of its self). However Brielle had a nasty cold and I wasn't feeling well either so we cancelled the little party and kept to our Sunday dinner plans with my family. Erin had made a cake for Brielle and we celebrated her big milestone together.

Had to strip her down so I didn't have cake all over her clothes.

She was SO excited that we were singing to her.

Here comes the cake. I didn't have a candle so we use what I had around the house...a tea candle! HA! She didn't know the difference, just looked funny.

She wasn't too sure about the cake at first.

But it didn't take her long to dive right in.

We had to coach her into putting her face into the cake. She finally caught on.

That's pretty good stuff!

It took some time but she managed to destroy the cake.

A quick wash to get all the lose crumbs off and then off to take a bath.

Since we had to cancel with the Taylors we celebrated with them after the Hoffman Christmas party. Little did we know that it was going to snow like crazy in Fallon and those living in Reno just wanted to leave. It was a little rushed but we still had a good time.

Matt went to Wal-mart and ordered a cupcake cake.

She loved the bright colors.

Look at that mess.

Brielle received some really fun toys that she loved to play with.

This airplane was a hit with all the cousins too.

This book lights up and plays music, right up her alley. Thanks Paul Taylor family.

She had no problems reaching in and grabbing the clothes.

She thought the Nash family gift was pretty cool too, it sings and lights up too.

Brielle reading a book with her cousin Lacey. She also loved the picture frame behind her because she likes to point to the pictures.

No comments: